Sunday, October 30, 2011

As good as it gets...

This morning, during church, I let the tears flow.  Yes, I am blessed, but yet I am broken hearted.  Missing Mark seems to be a full time job.  My son, Andy, put his arm around me and squeezed.  We are in this together!

Shortly after church, my sister-in-law, Marsha, showed up on my door step bearing not one, but TWO boxes from Panera!  One box contained Bear Claws, the other bagels.  Yum-Oh!

Shortly after Marsha left, My friend, Deb, showed up in the driveway to wisk me away to get some hot soup and a good ol' girl talk.  Yes, my heart and soul felt warm.  Can't beat friends, can you?

Well...this evening, the kids and friends made me dinner.  Delicious, stick-to-your ribs, warm and delicious food. 

What?  I am blessed, you say?  You bet I am.  Although I have lost lots, I have been blessed that much and more...

After dinner, the kids pulled out the pumpkins they bought to carve.  We have never been a Halloween family, but carving pumpkins has been a tradition.  Well, almost a tradition...

Worry about sharp knives?  Not when Super Andy is around.  According to him, real men use power tools...


But then, Tony is very safety conscious...



Soooo, when you put together real men with power tools, pumpkins and protective head gear, what do they make?  Bowling balls, of course!

Only in our house, only my kids, only my life.

Happy Sunday!

God bless you!
Jan

No comments: