Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Santa was here!

This year, Christmas had such a deeper meaning for me, less thought of gift wrap and stocking stuffers, more about the true meaning of Christmas and the gifts that could not be bought:  time with family and frieneds.  I've already shared our Christmas eve with you and I thought you'd like to see our Christmas morning.  Even though Tony, the baby, is 23. it still gets messy and is fun...so imagine you are dressed in your finest pajamas and join us in the living room...


Morgan got to spend the night with us on Christmas eve so she and Tony could open their gifts to each other here.

She spotted the pink thing in/on/by her stocking right away...

It was what every good housewife (or someday housewife) should have...a pink and zebra striped broom!

Tony opened his gift from Morgan first...

Some sort of golf clubs...I can never remember what is what, but he seemed pretty happy with whatever it is...

Next Morgan opened her gift from Tony...

An iPad?  Wow!  I think she loves it!

Then, suddenly...in comes Andy and the black cloud better known as Helga Jean!  He told her to 'find it' in the pile of gift wrap.  Not sure what 'it' was, but she tried her best to dig 'it' out!
Andy told me he wanted to give me one of his gifts for me, the one that I have come to anticipate most of all, the one he makes for me.  He told me to close my eyes.  I did, but kept shooting in  case I got a good photo of him and the gift...


I did!  Here's what it is...

A Baby Andrew original...to go along with the Bicycle Wheel Christmas Tree?  Isn't he a trip?  Later on Christmas, we strung the lights on it and added a bow.  I'll have to find photos of it and show you later.

Morgan got footie pajamas...

Helga Jean spread the love, ignoring the fact that Grandma told her no dogs on the couch...




Andy's gift was also an iPad and he quickly forgot that there were other people in the room...


Except for Helga, she won't let people forget about her!

He did come up for air...and to send a message...


It says, "Thank you muches."

About that time, the batteries in my camera died, but it really didn't matter.  It was Christmas, time for family and friends.  I had dinner with Vicky, Jamie and Jamie's parents.  Later Vicky and Jamie and my mother joined us for snacks and celebration.  I got no photos, but that's okay.  I was there, just like all the kids were in 1997...



And imagine this...all through the day, we remembered that Jesus is the reason for the season!

Thanks for stopping in to see our celebration...and here's the biggest Christmas miracle...my tree is down!  For those who haven't been here long, getting me to take the tree down is like pulling teeth.  I love Christmas lights, decorations, the tree, and will use any and all excuse to keep it up.  This year there was too much going on...the 2011 Christmas tree is history!

But  we're still making history.  Back soon with more going on.

But for now...go out and be a blessing to someone.  I know I'm going to try!

Love,
Jan


No comments: