Friday, January 11, 2013

I Love Winter and Snow, but...

There are days when I think of the river, summer days and just plain being lazy!  Playing around during the day, getting ready for a campfire in the evening...


No, that's not all I think of, but I found these photos in my phone and I really start missing it.

This summer, Andy and Tony put our docks in for the first time. On the fourth of July, we all lay on the dock and watched fireworks.  It was magical, I tell you!


You'll never guess where I spent a lazy summer Sunday, reading and napping...

That's my chair!

When the weather got really hot, Ashley got the tubes ready...




...and we launched Babes in Boats with Books!

Our club house...


Official looking, isn't it?

We took our books, our cold drinks and climbed into the tubes and floated the afternoon away, dipping our toes into the bath-temperature water.

Ahhhhhh!
 
Don't think all we did was float! 
Some of us tried to perfect our game of table golf...


Some of us practiced motor boat paddling...




Some paddled jet skis...


And some rode docks...


 

And then  rested...


While some kayaked...




Some failed at kayaking...


 
Oh my!
Any way you look at it...



It's our piece of...


~sigh~

Hurry, summer!

But for now...
Brrrrrr!




I'm outta here.  It's today and today is a gift.  We can't waste time wishing it away.  I've got lunch plans.  Who knows, maybe I'll blog about it later.  For now, go out and be a blessing to someone!

Love ya,
Jan

1 comment:

Loretta a/k/a Mrs. Pom said...

oh my gosh, I just love this post! Exactly what I need to picture on this foggy day. Sigh. Maybe I can try reading in the kayak on the tiny pond I go to?

So glad to "meet" you on my blog! Come back often and sit a spell.