Wednesday, January 16, 2013

This morning I got a text message from my daughter-in-law, Catherine.  I threw on my clothes,
ran down the stairs...






Stopped to fill my favorite travel mug with coffee...


Checked to make sure I had enough gas in my car...


Stopped to admire the flowers in the bud vase on the dash...


And I hit the road...




I pulled into the parking lot near the office building where she works...

And quickly sent  her a text telling her I was in town, waiting for her to meet me.

What did she say that got me so excited?

.


Yes!  The lock-out is over, the Penguins were practicing today at Consol Energy Center!



That's Catherine's office building in the background!



Free and open to the public, it was a chance to see all those guys we haven't seen in soooo long!

We had fifth row seats!

It felt like we could reach out and hug our favorite players...








It was fun to look for your favorites while they all paid attention to Coach Dan Bylsma...



It was a lot of fun watching the drills...





It was...


It really was!

 


All too soon, the players hit the locker rooms, Catherine's lunch hour was over and she had to head back to work and they brought out the Zamboni.



I stopped in the gift shop...aren't these shoes to die for?


Consol is amazing!  I love this view out the second level window...



Yes!  It was a great day for hockey!

Thanks, Catherine, for going with me. You are my only  favorite daughter-in-law!

Now it's past my bed time.  Time to say my prayers and see if I can get my beauty sleep to work...

Love ya,
Jan

No comments: