Saturday, January 31, 2015

Oh Mr. K!

I drive a sporty red Hyundai Veloster...

Mr. K has a bright red Genesis Coupe...

Look in our garage and you'd think a couple of crazy kids live there
(that is until you see the Kia Sportage that we had to buy for the dog).

When we moved into the neighborhood, as usual, the neighbors wondered about us...

Especially the guy two doors down.

I came downstairs one morning to find Mr. K and him standing in the garage talking.

Mr. K introduced us and the first words out of the neighbor's mouth was that he was delighted to see that Mr. K and I are (ahem) more mature...

He was so worried, when he saw the cars,  that we were twenty somethings ...
and would drive fast, make lots of noise and upset the harmonious balance of the neighborhood!

He might as well have said that he was happy that I had gray hair and wrinkles.

But he was happy that everyone was sane, that we weren't going to do anything crazy or out of the ordinary...

Good thing he wasn't home yesterday when I looked out the window and saw my hubby...

 
Out for a shovel, dressed appropriately for the 25° weather!
 
Oh Mr. K! 
 
(He did come right in, complaining that his feet were cold...
I had to make him hot chocolate)
 
I've been behind closed doors most of the week...
You know,
 

 
THAT door, which means, I'm working on yet another super secret project
that includes using this...
 
 
and this...
 
 
Of course, this!
 
 
and even this...
 
 
but clearly this...
 
 
isn't part of my plan...
 
I'm slightly behind schedule, but fear not...
There is that wonderful gift of time for crafty women this weekend...
 
It's called the
SUPER BOWL!
 
It's that wonderful time of the year when all the guys are glued to the television
leaving all the non-football-loving women (I'm a hockey lover) like me
to amuse themselves.
 
If you need me...
 
 
Just knock!
 
Stay warm, stay safe, God bless you!
Love,
Jan
 
 

No comments: