Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Dirty birds!

A few days ago, Linda Lou and I were out enjoying the sun in the back yard...




I looked up...and realized that before too long, the trees would no longer look like this...

 
We have regular visitors to the bird feeders at my feeding station my son-in-law made for me...
 


It's a work of art, with pulleys and cables and hooks...

 
But beneath the station, it's a mess! 
 
Between the seeds, the peanut shells...
 
I guess I didn't realize two things:
 
#1 there are lots of birds in our family
#2  birds are dirty!
 
Dirty or not, I love watching the birds.
 
A few days ago I commented to Mr. K that we should get a parrot or some kind of talking bird.
 
He just shook his head.
 
Later that day, I repeated it while having dinner at his son's house.
 
His son said that he had just the bird for me...
 
He went upstairs and brought this...
 
 
 ugly thing downstairs. 
 
Turns out, this is a very talented bird! 
He's motion activated and has a litany of off color phrases.
 
I brought him home thinking I'd put him in the powder room so that when
one of the kids comes to visit, it will start shouting when they walk in the room...
 
Didn't work that way...
 
But when I put it on the kitchen counter so that I would remember to return it,
each time we turned off the kitchen light, it would shout...
 
Two days later, I woke early, before the sun was up. 
I went downstairs and made coffee and turned on the news...
I was sitting in the family room when suddenly, the lights went out!
 
The minute the room went dark, this bird started screaming obscenities!
 
SCARED THE BEJEEBERS OUT OF ME!
 
Dirty bird! 
Either he needs a batteryectomy or he's going home to Rick's house, pronto!
 
Speaking of birds...
 
Remember when Tony and Noelle went to Florida and put birds on their heads?
 
 
 
Noelle claimed she was afraid of birds, but then they met her FAVORITE bird...
 
 
The Pirate Parrot!
 
Tony didn't get groped  hugged by the parrot,
but he did get cuddled by the mascot of the Wheeling Nailers
 
 
And me?
 
To be honest, I am pretty down at the moment...
If I didn't have to go out, I'd stay in my pajamas all day,
drink tea from a Christmas Mug and eat Clementines...
 
I'll be fine in a day or two!
 
Of course, I got to spend a few hours with this little guy...
 
 
 
So I KNOW I am blessed...
 
Now I'm going to make a cup of tea and wander into my sewing room to play with this...
 
 
Thanks for humoring me by reading all the way down to here!
God bless you!
Jan
 
 
 
 

No comments: