She had a pretty rough weekend.
|This picture has nothing to do with the story, but I thought you might enjoy seeing it anyway.|
We were at the river when my pills fell out of my pocket and she found them.
I wasn't sure how many there were supposed to be, so I wasn't sure if she ate any. I called our vet who told me to call poison control.
Poison control told me to give her hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting.
She didn't vomit, so they told me to give her another dose and make her run around
to make it bubble up. It didn't work either,
so Tony, and I headed for home (...and the vet's office).
|Shirley and her big brother, Tony, after she was home and feeling better.|
Halfway home, it did bubble up, all over the inside of my brand new car.
I called the vet and they asked if I could see any pills in that mess...
I tried to look, but kept getting sick,
so we went to the office where they filled her full of charcoal, put IV's in her and kept her over night.
I felt bad, Ron was frantic with concern...
he loves her sooo much
She came home the next afternoon,
her usual perky self...
The moral of the story...keep your pills where they belong...not in your pocket...