Sunday, July 19, 2015

Van Go?

Oh my goodness, what a blast!
 
Michelle, Ashley's mother hosted a CREATE ART party yesterday.
 
There were six of us there.
 
When we got there, Dina, the artist, had everything set up...
 
Easels, with blank canvasses  on the table,
 a water glass with two paint brushes (she called them Sonny and Cher)
Paints...she even covered most things with plastic (more on that later).
 
I don't know what I expected, but when I saw a blank canvas, my mind went blank!
 
I think I expected a paint-by-numbers kind of thing!
 
The painting in the center is what we were supposed to paint...
 
 
 
Just a sweet, pastoral scene...complete with a cabin!
 
Step one...sky and grass...here's Ashley's!
 
 
 
Step 2:  trees and some dead grass...
Here's mine in the lower right...
 
 
 
To be honest, my painting didn't start out as a masterpiece.
In fact, I'm not sure what that dark thing in the painting was supposed to be...
 
 
D
 
 
We kept painting away.  As the late Bob Ross would say, we added happy little trees...
 
Ashley and I were backed up against the windows. 
It was a tight fit...Dina couldn't see what we were doing...
 
So she ran out onto the deck to peek through the window...
 
 
 
She thought we were doing great!
 
 
 
I think that's when it all began to fall apart...
 
She forgot to tell us not to splash paint on the walls...
 
AND she did not cover the walls with plastic...
 
 
Some of us (who shall remain nameless) did...
all I can say about that is that she said Lestoil would get the paint off...
and I did.  ALL the paint... 
 
Some of us, like Michelle, Ashley's mom, really got into it...
 
 
 
After we were done...she told us to sign our name on it...
 
I did.  I signed my name...
 
 
 
 
And we all went out on the deck for our class picture...
 
 
and left them to dry while we helped clean up...
 
 
Of course, I thought mine was...
 
 
Interesting?
 
When I got home, I remembered I had an easel in the basement...
 
I set it up in the foyer...
 
 
I'm certainly not feeling it...

I'm thinking of hanging it on the wall in the powder room...

What do you think?

 
 
 

No comments: