Saturday, April 15, 2017

Date Night!

Last night, Mr.K treated me to a wonderful dinner at one of our favorite restaurants...
 
 
 
 
We didn't even care that they don't take reservations for parties under 10 people on weekends...
 
We just like the food there and it was very close to the next stage of our evening...
 
 
If you know me well, you'd know I was, am and will probably always be a huge Beatles fan.
Other than listening to my mom playing Elvis, it was my first foray into the world of rock-and-roll.
 
I can't think of any other band that I know all the words to all the songs and still play them in my car!
~other than Queen and I still do all the voices in Bohemian Rhapsody~
 
Getting back to the story...
 
I have been waiting forever for this concert.
  It was held in the Strand Theater, an early 1900's theater that was closed in 1980 and saved from demolition in 2002.  It's my kind of place...we got seats in the second row!
 
We sat in our seats...
 
 
I could hardly wait for them to get started!
 
When they came out, it was like a flashback!
 
 
They not only sounded like the Beatles, they LOOKED like them too!
 
As the night went on...
they moved from decade to decade,
 changing not only their costumes but hair, moustaches and styles as well.
 
The age progression, their mannerisms and stage presences were spot on!
 
 
 
Most of the second row was filled with women my age who clapped, cheered and sang along!
 
What fun...except as the evening came to a close they had not played my very favorite: 
 Twist and Shout.
 
Suddenly, the man who played John asked us all to stand and scream...
 
Of course, I did!
 
And they closed the show with Twist and Shout!
 
Well, shake it up baby...
 
Oh my goodness, you really need to see this show!
It was so much fun.
 
Of course, it's hockey playoff season...
So I got a text from Tony saying he was headed to our house to watch the game...
They only have basic cable, you know...
 
We found this sign on the kitchen counter when we got home:
 
 
"Thanks for the beer jelly beans.
Go Pens"
 
Jelly beans are a big favorite around here!
 
Go Pens!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: