Thursday, July 13, 2017

A day in the life of...

Yes, a day in the life of Locklan...
 
Or why Grandma goes to bed so early!
 
Yesterday Andy brought Locklan to spend the day with Grandma and Pappy...
 
Of course, Mr. K and I were excited!
 
It was a work day for Mr. K, so we sent him into his office and headed for the basement...
 
I have some pretty goofy stuff down there. 
 
Locklan found these dollar store flamingos that I had for a practical joke...
 
He wanted to put them in the front yard...
 
It took several tries until we found the perfect location...
 
Then of course, they needed fed!
 
What do you feed a pink plastic flamingo?
 
 
Mulch, of course!
 
Snack time already?
 
 
"Possickles!"
 
Then we had to head for the patio...
Where Grandma, Locklan and various toys had to swing in the hammock...
 
 
Andy cut my grass which gave Locklan a chance to use Pappy's leaf blower
to clean Dad's trailer...
 
 
Andy then headed off to another job. 
He left us (Locklan) his zero-turn and his lawn mower
(He owns a lawn care business)
He asked Locklan to clean them for him...
 
 
 
Once he decided they were clean enough...
 
He looked for other things to clean...
 
 
How about a scooter, a digger, a wagon and his bike?
 
Afterwards, we set up the pop up tent...
 
Locklan decided since his bike was clean, he could ride inside it...
 
 
I was pretty much ready to call it a day when he found my boots...
 
 
 
Finally I decided we needed to go for a ride in Grandma's car.
 
Locklan loves it when I beep the horn as we pass the homes of friends and family...
 
On the list for the day was Mommy's house, Aunt Mindy's house and Deb (my friend).
 
All three houses are blocks apart...
 
We made it past the first house...
 
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz
 
If I didn't go down to 'porch sit' with my friend, Deb, I would have been in bed at 8:30!
 
Lots of work but I love every stinkin' minute of it!

No comments: