Friday, February 16, 2018

Bam!

Three years ago, we knew that they were going to induce Ashley...
 
From time to time, I woke during the night to check on updates...
 
And then I got this text from Andy...
 
 
 
Bam!
 
Merrriam-Webster had this to say:
 
Definition of bam
: a sudden loud noise often used interjectionally to indicate a sudden impact or occurrence 
 
But in our family, BAM means that every time you hear that word, your heart leaps with joy, your eyes fill with tears and you utter a silent, heartfelt prayer of thanks to God for the wonderful gift of this delightful, amazing child.
 
Meeting Locklan for the first time was like the first time I saw the Grand Canyon...I knew it would be a special thing, something that I never saw or felt before...but I had no clue of the intensity, that my breath would be sucked away, that  I would fall in love like this!
 
Happy third birthday, Locklan David..
 
You rock my world!        
 

 

2 comments:

Rachel said...

He is a cutie! My, my , my how we love our grandchildren. I was thinking today, they are the reward for doing the difficult job of raising their parents.

bj said...

OOO, he is so handsome. My son's name is David and I pray your David will be as awesome as mine...