Wednesday, November 09, 2011

It's in the bag...

On Monday, Andy called me to ask two things:  1. If I was free on Tuesday, 2.  If my sewing machine was in good working order.




It was not unusual for him to ask those questions.  It meant one of two things:  1.  He blew the rear out of his favorite pants, or 2.  He had some strange project going on and I was the only one crazy enough to participate in with him.




Turns out it was not #1.  Tuesday evening he comes banging into the house with two rachet straps, a belt and an empty 40 pound dog food bag and tells me we're going to make a prototype.

A prototype?  You have to remember that this is the kid who made a Christmas tree out of bicycle wheels, so making a prototype out of a dog food bag isn't all that strange...

We went into my sewing room and began to plan...and I began to sew, but I guess I was too slow, because the next thing I knew, he was...


Yes!  He took over the sewing machine...and did quite well.  He even mastered sewing in reverse...



He cut a little, sewed a little, pondered a bit and sewed some more...


He fiddled and finangled, stitched and strapped...




Finally he decided it was time for a try-on...



It's almost done!  All it needs is a...


And if it looks like this...


It can only mean one thing....

We're good to go!


Look at that grin...can only mean one thing...

Success!

Sigh...if anyone would have told me a month and two days ago that I would be counting my blessings and feeling thankful for what I have as well as what we lost, I would not have believed it...but God is good and in the midst of our grief, we still have faith, family and fun.  I am loved, and I am truly blessed.

Good night and God bless. 

Love,
Jan

2 comments:

Kerin said...

Hee hee... that smile, looks like success to me too.
I'm so glad for you that you are finding rays of sunshine among the clouds in your life right now.

Julie said...

Your family is just so full of creative genius! Loving his smile. :-) And glad for the happy bits to help temper the sad bits for you.