Thursday, December 06, 2012

Hey there!

I've missed all y'all, dreadfully, and hope you missed me too. It's been a very long year with ups and downs, but you know me, I try to celebrate the ups, learn from the downs and in all circumstances, give thanks...

And I am, so very VERY thankful, for everything!

I'm really hoping to get back into blogging again in the new year, but if you have known me for any length of time, you know that December is the month in which I set the most ambitious of goals for myself, and this year is no exception...I'm terribly busy, but that's a good thing, really!

But there have been so many things that have happened in the past 6 months that I have wanted to share with YOU...how about if I just share a couple highlights? Will that make you feel loved?

How about this: In June, I ran the Butler Road Race. Remember the last time it was mentioned here? My family dominated it...Tony first, Andy had a second, Catherine came in third in her class...

This year, I was the only family member running...
and came in ...
drummroll, please...

 
Second in my class!!!!

I was so excited I grabbed the guy handing out medals and hugged him and started jumping up and down...

 
 He really didn't seem to mind, though...



~sigh~
 
We also got to spend lots of time at the river...and one day I got this wonderful idea, I would ride on the front of the kayak while Tyler drove.  I know you're wondering how that worked for me, right?
 
 
Well, it didn't...
 
My friend and walking partner, Deb, and I, went dress shopping one day.  I found a dress that was so 'not me' that I'm still in shock.  I bought it, couldn't wait to wear it, and finally did, at the wedding of Caitlin and Will. It was my magical dress.  It was my dancing dress.  It made me do crazy things like..

 
Like trying to steal a bouquet-bearing groom!
(click on the picture above to biggerize it so you can see the expression on Will's face:  priceless!  Also, check out the bride, behind us.  It was the most amazing wedding!)
 
Last month, Andy, his friend Ashley and her friend, Corinna, and I went bike riding.  I managed to do ten miles without mishap.  Heck, I wasn't even tired but when I went to get off the bike at the end of the ride...
 
 
I fell over, like a sack of bricks (and I'm sure I looked about as smart as one too).  I'm still wondering what that guy who was waiting for me to remove myself from the middle of the street while Ashley took pictures, was thinking.
 
Then, as if I have not been abused enough, during our annual family Thanksgiving dinner, my oldest son, Michael, announced it was too warm and proceeded to take off his sweater...
 
 
Don't you just love his t-shirt?
 
Oh, and note the shirt I am wearing:  Marshall Mangler, 8K trail race.  Yes, I did it, along with my beautiful daughter-in-law, Catherine.  I came in FIRST in my class!!!!
 
Oh, I guess I should tell you, I was the only one in my class, the oldest woman in the race by 6 years...Guess most women my age's family love them so much they don't let them run 5 miles through the woods on hilly trails!
 
Well, friends, that's about all the scandalous news I have time for right now.  The dogs want breakfast, my coffee cup is empty and my tree is waiting decoration. 
 
I seriously missed this.  I love yuns...now go out and be a blessing to someone...
 
God bless you,
Love,
Jan
 
 
 
 

No comments: