Thursday, October 20, 2016

Aunt Helen strikes again!

I've said it before...my dad had EIGHT sisters and three brothers. 
 
All that is left of the family are my three aunts.
 
A few weeks ago, my cousins Maria and her husband Jim,  and her brother Anthony drove my Aunt Helen, to visit with us at my cousin Susan's house.
 
Aunt Helen and family live in Maryland.
 
My mom and I went to visit,
 
arriving in style...
 
 
It was such fun to see Susan.  She and I grew up together,
our back yards almost touched!
 
 
Here's Sue with her grandson, Owen, who was such a cutie...
 
 
Sue's husband, John, is such a saint to put up with us...
 
 
Yet he lets us come back time after time!
 
Sue and  John live on the Juniata River (you look it up) and have two homes there...
 
One where they spend summers and the other is Sue's art studio.
 
Sue gave everyone the tour of her studio...
 
 
Sue's granddaughter, Sophia, presented her great aunt with a specially chosen gift...
 
 
You can barely see them here, but they were earrings,
aren't they amazing?
 
After we ate, we all lined up in our chairs...
 
 
 
We were supposed to be watching the show put  on by Sophia and Emma...
but as usual, Mom and Aunt Helen acted up...
 
 
Finally the show began...
 
 
 
 
 
Of course, some of us had to get into the act...
 
 
Before you knew it, all the old people had to try it too...
 
 
 
That's my mom in the middle... she certainly was vertically challenged in this competition!
 
 
Afterwards, Sophia and Emma served snacks...
 
 
 
 
That's when we found out they work for tips :-}
 

Sigh...what a great day!
 
I adore my Aunt Helen!! 
 
 
I hope we have many more times together.
 
A big thanks goes out to Stacy, Sue's daughter, for the photos!
 
Love you guys!
 
 
 

No comments: