Thursday, June 13, 2019

This must have been a hoot...

June 1,  I ordered this...


From Amazon.   We needed an RV sized mattress for camp.

It was Prime, so it was scheduled to arrive in a few days...
I had it delivered to the house because no one would be at camp when they were supposed to deliver it.

Every time I checked, the scheduled delivery date was changed...

It arrived, in all it's glory yesterday!

Last I saw it, it was laying flat on the porch, against the banister, exposed to the elements.

Last night about 9, I realized rain was in the forecast...

I thought to myself that I should go and bring it in,
  I can't imagine what a queen size foam mattress would weigh if it got wet, Right?

So there goes Jan, in her pajamas, out on the front porch.  

I grabbed one end of the box and pulled on it to stand it up.

I pulled again.

and again.

Finally, it was standing on end!

I just figured that I would drag it to the front door, a mere 5' away.

I was wrong.

So then I tried to walk it to the door.

I was wrong about that as well.

Then I remembered Mr.K had this thingy in the garage...




That would have been a great idea...if I could only get it onto the thingy...

I finally did and as I was pulling it to the door one wheel got hung up on the welcome mat...

The mattress fell off of the dolly, knocking me into the banister.  
The mattress slid down the banister and fell flat on the porch.

Are you getting the visual?

Finally, I got the stupid thing back upright and propped it against the front door...


And that is where it will stay,
Blocking the front door...
Maybe forever!

Oh, and after I got it that far, a tired, cranky and defeated Jan
walked her sweaty, jammie clad self up stairs...

That's when I found out that the stupid box is 60" tall
Just my height...
and 60 pounds!

Hope the neighbors were already asleep when this happened.

Never a dull moment!


No comments: