Saturday, May 30, 2020

More of the Same...

Okay, no witty, entertaining post about life on the river.

I sat down at my computer yesterday afternoon and within minutes my mom called.

Now, since Mom and I talk every single night  if she is calling during the day is not a good thing.

She started the conversation without me.

"I think I have to go to the hospital.  My little hernia (which was the size of a golf ball) is as big as a grapefruit and I can't stop vomiting."

Now, if you have been around here for a while, you know that we know the routine.

Mom has many hernias (Hernia?).  She has had surgery for as many as four at a time and has had four separate surgeries in two years..  She has been hospitalized at least ten times in four years. She left Tony's wedding reception in an ambulance and was in surgery within two hours.

 They always hope that by poking it back in, that the situation will resolve itself.  They will only operate again if it is life threating, due to her chronic blood cancer (which they control with oral chemo) and her age (almost 89).

I'm an hour from Mom, so I told her to call the ambulance and get to the hospital.  I would get there as fast as I could.

I got there and they were glad to see me.  They needed me to sign consent to treat forms and then told me to leave the building.  No visitors and even in the waiting room, only patients are permitted.

They did give me a few phone updates last night and at 9 this morning, she called to say she was being discharged.  No non-emergency patients!

We talked this afternoon.  The hernia-guy (I'm brain dead at the moment) wants her to see a surgeon.

The last one said that with all the stuff going on with her, the only way they would operate is if she showed up with her intestines hanging down to her knees.

I just don't know what to say...

So, to end this post on an up note...

A little cuteness...



Andy took Locklan to Lowes...Locklan wouldn't go unless he could wear his ruler!


3 comments:

Susie said...

Jan, My heart hurts for you. I know that crazy kind of stress. I will pray for your mom and you too. That is cute ,a wee lad with his tape measure hooked on his pocket, with that big Lowe's cart. LOL Take care and be brave, blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Practical Parsimony said...

Cute!

Dolly said...

Prayer lifted for your mom and so many others who are being pushed aside right now. Blessings for peaceful thoughts for you as well. Thanks for the sweet photo.......it did make me smile.