Thursday, May 14, 2020

Strange Things...

Back in January, Andy and his friend Cody who is 
my  'adopted' son, and I went to a boat show.

I put a deposit down on an 8 x 24 foot pontoon dock for camp.



Oh my goodness, that's a crappy photo, but the only one I have.

We've been talking about it, planning for it, since then.

Andy and Cody (and of course, Locklan) have been working at camp,
moving things, digging things up...

We're ready!  The boat is already out there, we just need docks.

Now mind you, we're still under quarantine...stay at home, 
social distancing, masks (and gloves).  

Only essential businesses allowed to be open 
with serious restrictions.

Yesterday, I called the boat dealer and asked if I could drop off a check for the balance.

He said yes, but he was unable to let me in.  He told me to come out and call him when I got there.

I did and they left me on hold for 4 or 5 minutes...

Then he came back on the line, asked for my check number and told me to go to a porch around the side of the building.

I did and when I got there, there was a guy standing about 10 feet from me.

There was a table between us.  On the table was a log with a piece of paper under it.

He told me that it was my receipt

I was instructed to take  the receipt 
and to put my check under the log.

That was it...no pleasantries, no eye contact, no thanks...

Just really strange.  

The new normal?  I hope not!

Tomorrow, we move into the caution mode in our county.

I don't think it will make much of a difference in our lives...

Too much at stake.

What's happening in your neck of the woods?

For now, stay home, stay healthy, stay safe!

3 comments:

Kathi said...

Wow, I hope we can get back to courtesy and pleasantries again. I love your boat. Kathi

Edna B said...

Things just have to take their course. We all just need to be a bit more patient. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Eileen in Fla. said...

Your family will have such fun at the camp once this is over. Can't wait to see the photos.