Wednesday, January 06, 2021

Weldist?



A few weeks ago, Andy sent me a video of a man welding.


I recognized the surroundings as Andy's 'man cave' and assumed it was Andy.

We bought Andy his first welder when he was 16 and he's been welding ever since.

His welder is to Andy as my Bernina (sewing machine) is to me...

At the end of the video, he lifted his hood and to my surprise, 
It was Locklan!

Andy said he spent the day welding
 (or whatever you call it when they weld-after all the new thing to call someone who sews is sewist, not sewer, should I call him a weldist?).

Locklan later told me that he made me a present.

On Christmas eve, he proudly presented me with this...


A Basset Hound!


He did admit that it's ears were too small, but isn't he amazing...

He's not even 6!

Creative genes or crazy genes?

Did I mention I love being a grandma?








 

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

OMGOSH! Is that the cutest thing, or what? He did a great job and sounds like he is following right in your son's footsteps. xo Diana