Monday, December 15, 2014

Whatta weekend!

What a wonderful, weekend, full of the holiday spirit!  Bring on Christmas, I'm ready!!!!
 
On Saturday, Ron and I visited Old Economy Village, in Ambridge, PA...
I hated history in school, but local history is always interesting to me and the Harmonites are no exception.  Even though I've toured the village in the past, I learn something new every visit. 
.
Of course, I visited Belsnickle, the German version of Santa, who informed me that I was on the 'naughty list' but assured me that  if Ron would be a character witness, he would consider moving me onto the nice list!
 
We met crafters!  I met a particularly friendly woman who was demonstrating tatting.  She whetted my appetite for yet another fiber related craft.  I have always wanted to try it, but the last time was long before You Tube.  This time there may be success!
 
Then...yesterday was In-laws on Ice! 
You may remember the last time I did this (story HERE). 

We meet at the ice rink at PPG Place ice rink
 which is always so beautiful with the tree in the center...
 
 
 
Traditionally, Ashley, my lovely daughter-in-law, brings us wonderful, fresh baked cookies and this year she spent all day Saturday getting ready for us!
 
 
 
 
And as we eat,  we sit and watch the brave try skating.  This year, Tony and Noelle gave it a go...
 
 
 
 
 
Everyone else seemed to be happy to just hang out...
 
 
Even Gavin, my grand-nephew!
 
 
 
The cookies were eaten, or should we say devoured?
 
 
Another tradition is to walk (anywhere from 9 to 29 blocks-depending on who is leading us and how lost we get) to SW Randall's Toy Store.  A 40+ year old, three story toy store...

 
 
With 20,000 or more toys in stock!
 
From the window displays...
 
 
To the beaded animals...
 
 
 
Walking in the front door always takes my breath away. 
 
 
I bought three things, gifts, so you can't see until after Christmas!
 
Every where you look...
 
Oh my!
 
This year, it seemed to be yo-yos that were popular with this gang...
 

Finally, everyone was tired and hungry and decided it was time to head home...
 
I chose to hang out with this crew...
 
 
We grabbed a bite to eat and then we headed for our cars and our homes.
 
On the way to my car, I stopped to look at the wonderful decorations...
 
 
 
 
 
And even took a shot at a selfie...
 
 
 
 
Too bad I was so shaky...
 
While Andy and Ashley stopped to get a very special ornament for their tree...
 
 
 
I headed home to my eager-to-see me hubby and my ecstatic-to-see-me dog...
 
 
And I was in bed, fast asleep by 9:30!
 
What a wonderful weekend! 
 
Now it's back to the fun part of getting ready for the holidays...
 
The anticipation!
 
 Now it's time to get my day started...

It's grocery shopping day!
 
God bless you, see you soon!
 
Love,
Jan
 

No comments: