Wednesday, January 10, 2018

I think this one is a winner!

Do you remember when I bought this...

 
 
Click HERE to see the story behind these...
 
Occasionally, I buy really dumb things that seem like a great idea?!?
 
One of my (quickly broken) New Year Resolution was to stop doing that...
 
Then I saw this...
 
 
Now anyone who has been reading RSM for any amount of time knows that we're a real snow family!
 
I do take vacations in warm and balmy places,
but the highlight of my year is my annual solo 500 mile trip to
Clayton, NY, on the St. Lawrence Seaway, every February.  I love snow and winter!
 
Since Locklan came along, I am always on the lookout for snowy activities.
 
I Amazon primed these snowball makers in a flash!
 
We've been having record setting low temps and a bit of snow. 
 
They came and I headed out to the patio to try them...
 
Eek!  Total failure.  The (dry and powdery) snow was not what was needed.
 
Next Tony tried them, even spraying the snow with water before making them into snowballs.
 
Epic failure, such a failure we didn't even photograph it...
 
On Monday, we had a snow day.  Tons of wet, heavy snow!
 
The minute I heard that (of course the Weather Channel is on all day, we're old!)...
 
I put on my boots and headed  for the front porch with this...
 
 
 
and in seconds had this...
 

Amazing, perfect size and shape for ambushing your neighbors...
 
Sadly, it was too cold to wait on the front porch for the neighbors to come out
and way too cold for them to come out in the first place...
 
So the moral of the story is...
 
Guess there really isn't one...
 
Oh well!
 
 

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

LOL- About the snowballs! Too funny.
I am glad someone enjoys the snow---not ME! I love the warm weather and sunshine. If it were not for my kids and all these grandkids I would be in FL soaking up some beachtime. lol
Hope you have a blessed wonderful Wednesday- xo Diana