Friday, September 18, 2020

A Pillow, A Clapper, Alexa and a Pressure Washer...

I'm a bad sleeper!

Getting things together for a good night's sleep has taken me two years!

I need white noise but do not want to hear it before I am ready to sleep.

Alexa to the rescue!!!



I like to sleep on my side but don't want to wake up with a crooked neck.

Side-sleeper pillow to the rescue!


(It did come with the travel pillow that I will probably never use)

My last problem was that I like to sleep on my right side, facing away from my night stand.

More often than not, instead of rolling over to turn off the light after I read a bit, 
I would fall asleep with the light on!

A few days ago, I remembered that my mom bought my dad a clapper 20 years ago.  

I wondered if they still sold them...




Amazon, I love you!

I have been sleeping in what I consider a perfect storm...

I even slept in today!  
That never happens.  Usually, for one or many reasons, I force myself to stay in bed until 5AM.

Now, if you are wondering if I took the pressure washer to bed...

NO!  these guys,



Came this morning and our house exterior is sparkling clean!

I'm a well-rested happy camper!



4 comments:

Dolly said...

Oh, sleep ! How I fight for it. I've taken to shutting the cats out of my bedroom although I love the fact that Lottie loves to snuggle with me. Still, every time she jumps on or off the bed, I wake, and it takes me another 30 minutes 15 or more minutes to get back to sleep.

I might want to check out that side-sleeper pillow. I have issue there myself. Anyway, while I'm a bit jealous, I'm still oh-so-happy FOR YOU !

SWEET DREAMS !

Dolly said...

Jan, doggone it, I just accidentally removed your latest comment on my blog. I went back to my emails, and there was the notification, and since I had already okayed it at my blog post, AND REPLIED, I hit delete on the email, and it said that I had REJECTED IT !

I'm sorry ! I mean, REALLY sorry. I don't get that many visitors, and even fewer comments ! I'll try not to do THAT again. Please stop by somehow during your busy days !

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Jan, that's wonderful! We feel like anything past 5am is "sleeping in!" And if we ever made it to 6am that would be like sleeping until noon!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Never thought of using Alexa for white noise, but it's genius. Will be doing it too.