Wednesday, October 26, 2011

True Confessions...

If you have been around for any length of time, you will remember three of my four kids entering the Triathlon  in July. 


Sunday, Mark's Aunt Ruth from Geneva, NY, came to the memorial service and told Andy about a triathlon in Geneva, NY, in July...The WoolSports Mussleman Triathlon

It didn't take but a minute and the boys decided they were going to do it.  Yes!  Another triathlon!  Seems to them, it was a no brainer.

Today Andy stopped by after work for hugs and hot chocolate.  We talked about staying with Aunt Ruth for the event.  Aunt Ruth offered to house them as long as they played at least one game of cards with her AND let her win!

Andy asked me why I didn't plan on entering it as well.  With my weight loss, my knee feels great, I might be able to fake running the distance,  I can ride a bike (pretty well), but....

True confession:  I cannot swim! I can dog paddle, tread water, float on my back, even swim under water but I cannot swim from point A to point B.  

I don't think I ever told anyone this.  I know that it was a shock to Vicky. Andy didn't believe it and Tony said it kind of made him feel guilty that everything we did involved rivers...

I'm not sure that Mark ever knew, but may have suspected.  I know my parents and siblings did not know (even though my parents sent me for swimming lessons)...

Now YOU know...







2 comments:

Kerin said...

Wow! I am impressed with your kiddos!
I am not a swimmer either, so I get it.
Hope they do great, and have a blast too!
Have a good day :)

Anonymous said...

Jan, please keep this site going! I enjoy looking through all the photos and reading all your stories.
Love,
Debra