Friday, January 20, 2012

"Pinging" in the New Year...




Earlier in the holiday season, Andy announced that the New Year Eve party woud be at his house this year...AND...the celebration would include a Ping Pong Tournament!  Everyone brought food.  I made pork and sauerkraut which must have been pretty good - I saw people eating it all night long!

By time I got there, the compeition was in full swing!

That's my daughter-in-law, Catherine, showing off her skills while Tony eats, Morgan, Brandy and TJ are obviously in awe!?!

Michael looks like he was studying the competition...


Wonder what Jamie was thinking?


There goes Andy...




Andy is such a good doggie dad, he bought Helga Jean a new bed just for the party...


Hey, that's not Helga!  Where is Helga? 


 There she is...guess we know who rules THAT roost,
don't we? 



In the mean time, the competition continues.  Tony had his brackets all figured out and they posted them on the chalk board...



We had two classes, women and men...

The finalists for the women were Vicky and Heather (Morgan's mom).



Heather won!  Vicky didn't jump over the net to congratulate her, but she was a good sport...


Tony presented Heather with her trophy...


Of course we had trophies...we are first class pongers!

Andy and Tony were the finalists for the men.  I know, they are always the finalists...
Tony managed to win, but we think it was because he looked so intimidating with his wrist bands...

I presented him with his trophy...
And of  course, Vicky had to congratulate him...


He was pretty excited..


The clock struck 12, there was a ton of huggin' and shoutin' going on, even Helga got her ears scratched!




everyone stopped to eat,


but the ping pong went on and on...long after I remembered I was an old woman and went home to get some rest!











~Sigh~

Although I'm not a party person, I always love New Year's Eve.  It just feels like a clean slate for me, time to change things, start over, even learn to write a new number when you write checks.  It's a good thing, even if it means letting go of old things....

But there are always memories....and those are precious.  This New Year, memories are very precious, and some are just darn funny....like New Years, 1964, when we dressed my darling baby brother as the New Year's Baby....


Love ya, bro!

Now it's a snowy Friday, go out and be a blessing to someone and come back soon.  I know you are curious about the

I'm so glad YOU stopped by to share my life.  God bless you!

Love,
Jan

No comments: