Friday, December 21, 2012

We inclined!
 
Aha, you are back to see what we did to end our day in 'da burgh' (oh, and that's how Pittsburghers say it), aren't you?
 
Well, I have just a few minutes to spend with you today.  I have to shop.  I thought I was done but last night I realized I had forgotten one very important thing:  food!  So, unless I can get away with serving oatmeal and cold meatloaf for Christmas dinner, I have to buy food...grrr....I  hate that...
 
Especially since we are expecting our first snow of the season!  Yes, 4 to 6 inches!  I'm so excited!
 
But back to the story, we discovered that neither Ashley nor Kayla had ever been to Mount Washington on the incline!
 
What's an incline?  Well, there's a neighborhood in Pittsburgh that sits on a very steep hill overlooking the river.  In the olden days, there was a mile long staircase that went down the hill to the river and the railroad tracks below.  These days, there are two inclines that climb about 800 feet up the hill to the observation decks overlooking the city.
 
This is what it looks like in the spring/summer:
 
 
Some of us were chicken and decided not to go up on the incline and drove up instead.
 
We took the incline!
 
 
 
The view from the top was spectacular!
 
 
 
 
As only the brave can tell you...
 
 
So here we are...almost done with the day, but no photos of the rest.  We went to Mike and Michelle's for spaghetti and unless you want to see the resulting weight gain on my scale, you'll have to use your imagination.
 
Now, there are things that need to be done, so I'm going out to do them.  You all ready for Christmas?
 
 
Back soon, but for now, color me gone!
 
God bless you!
Love,
Jan


No comments: