Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas Eve!

Christmas eve  started with dinner and family time at my mom's...as usual! 
 
 
 
with food...food!  more food,
Of course, the traditional ham...
this year we had ham sandwiches!
 
 
 
And a little wine...
 
 
And a few traditional decorations
(the ones my mom can't reach)!
 
 
 
It was wonderful to have family together...
Like Andy and Ashley....

Look at Ashley's lap!  A fleece Penguins blanket!
That's what I was working on...
One for each member of my family,
one for my brother and one for
Lachlan, my Grandson, due in February!
 
 
And of course, my mom!
 
 
 
Ron and Vicky
(doing Yoga or telling about the one that got away?)
 
 
Catherine, my brother, Dan,  and Aunt Helen
 
 
We can't forget Tony and Noelle.
There's Jamie in the background!

 
My niece, Katlyn was there...
isn't she pretty?
 
 
Michael and Vicky sword fighting with the traditional Pepperoni sticks.
All the guys get one every year...
 
 
And of course, there were presents!
 
Those aren't bags of trash, they are the fleece blankets...
I am a terrible wrapper, so it just seemed like the best way to hide them!
 

 
This year, we bought my mother a keyboard.  She got rid of her organ and really missed playing...
 
It came with a stand that was supposed to look like the picture on the box...
 
 
There were no instructions.  They decided to wing it and put it together.
 
They tried...
 
 And they tried...
 
And tried...
 
And tried...
 
 
And Mom got tired of waiting and put it on the dining room table...
 
 
 
I'm happy to say that they did get it together (thanks to Catherine) but by then, the batteries in my camera died.  You'll just have to take my word for it.
 
All too soon, it was time to head home to get ready for Christmas day. 
 
 The kids came to my house.  Come back tomorrow to see them.  I got some pretty amazing stuff!
 
There is Christmas day, Noelle's birthday, so much to show you, but it's early in the morning,  I'm sleepy and going back to bed, but its nice to share...I'm awfully glad you're here...
 
 
 
 
245 

No comments: