Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Snowed in and lovin' it!

How would you like to wake to this out your front window...


And this out the back door...



I did yesterday and hours and hours later, I'm still smiling about it!

I told you Sunday day that it was Taco Sunday at our house...and we had a house full.  Between my kids and their partners/spouses, Ron's daughter-in-law and grand kids, and even  church friends, the ping pong table got a work out, the kitchen was temporarily full of food (we put a hurting on that), and the house was full of laughter, love and friendship.

What it wasn't full of was Ron...who had to leave to catch his plane to Texas before the first guests arrived...and Ron's son, who also had a plane to catch (although he was going to Orlando instead).

They did manage to meet for a late lunch at Pittsburgh airport, though,
 so they did have their own little party.

Ironically, Ron called on Monday morning to tell me he forgot to pack enough dress pants for his meetings...
since he's known for spilling things on himself at the most opportune moment, this could be disasterous...
 
Yesterday I was telling Ron's daughter-in-law about his dilemma and she said that her husband arrived in Orlando, but his luggage did not.
 
Imagine that...the two Mr. Ks, out there, potentially pantless!
 
I was working on (yet) another secret project yesterday when I heard the snow plow out front...
 
 
 
Along with the neighborhood kids!
 
They were having a ball. 
By afternoon, we had six inches of snow on the ground...
and on the driveway! That was enough to keep them busy for hours!
 
 
 
I will admit, I was concerned when we learned that the cul-de-sac was filled with kids under the age of 7, but they are a hoot!
 
 
Not too sure about the hat, but it seems to work for her!
 
 
We have the most adorable twin boys next door. 
One of them announced they were going to take all the snow off my driveway...
 
 
And two minutes later, he said they were going to leave it on the drive...
 
Last night my 'handy man' came to eat leftovers and I put him to work!
 
 
 
 
Even though the snow was still falling, he got my driveway cleared...
 
And came in to get warm!
 
 
This morning, it was pretty quiet out there.
 
We did have a few visitors...
 
 
 
I really do love the snow...
but Andy posted on Facebook yesterday
that said he's more than ready for this...
 


And this...


~sigh~
 
I want it all!
 
But for now, I have things to do...
 
God bless you!
Jan
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: