Saturday, March 21, 2015

You're a card?

A few weeks ago, we invited ourselves to my mom's house for a round of card playing...
 
Michael and Catherine, Tony and Noelle, me and the mister
 as well as Mom and her friend from high school
gathered around Mom's dining room table to play, but first...
 
My mother usually has a puzzle going on the card table in the family room. 
My parents did that when I was a kid. 
 I HATE puzzles and can barely resist throwing a few pieces in my pocket to take home...
 
I didn't realize that Catherine is a puzzilist too.
 
 
Tony and Noelle tried to help!
 
 
I think they did manage to place a few pieces...
 
 
But I came to play cards! 
 
My mom, on the right, and Frannie on the left taught us to play a game called 9-hole.
 
 
 
 
 Of course, these innocent looking ladies play for money...
 
 
 
Michael acted as our waiter...
 
 
How did we do?
 
I think it was a conspiracy!
 
I lost $1.10!
 
Noelle...well, let's just say she went home with more than she had when she came in the door....
 
 

 I'd still rather play cards than put those darn puzzles together...
 
Family time...yes!
 
 

No comments: