Wednesday, October 14, 2015

It's a family thing?

My dad had eight sisters.  Eight!  Can you imagine?
 
He also had three brothers which gave me 22 aunts and uncles,
about a gazillion cousins and when you start removing and seconding cousins,
about a mega million of them...
(I can never remember how the pecking order goes, with once removed, twice removed and seconds)
 
Sadly, my dad and all but three aunts and an uncle are gone,
One of my aunts lives in Maryland...
I don't get to see her very often, but last Saturday,
 Aunt Helen, her son and daughter-in-law, went on a road trip and came to town!
 
As many as could make it,
 (which was 6 cousins, 3 spouses, three cousin's kids and two cousin's kids-kids
 plus two aunts, my mom and a guest) got together at a local restaurant.
 
Oh my...the laughter, the food talk, the catching up and of course, the hugging that went on...
 
I love this picture of my two aunts and me...
 
 
And then we got Mom into the act...
(Look at my mom...she'll be 84 next week!)
 
 
 
Aren't we a classy bunch?
See Tony on the left?
 
And the same bunch from the other end...
 
 
We're in the regenerating mode...
we don't have many little kids these days,
but my cousin, Anthony, and I just had new grandsons this past year...
 
Right now, we don't need a kids' table, but we still have one...
 
 
My cousin's daughter and son, and two grandsons...
 
I love it when we all get together! 
 
Families are the best!
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Farrah said...

How fun! What a special day it must have been for y'all.