Wednesday, January 31, 2018

I Quit!

It was a pretty special day...
January 31, 2005...
The day I stopped smoking.
 
I quit!
(read a blog post about my second anniversary here)
 
Yes, 4749 days...
or 6,837,120 minutes...
or, another way of saying it:
678 weeks, 2 days
ago, I stopped smoking!
 
what that means is that I DID NOT smoke 284,940 cigarettes...
that's 14,247 packs!
 
I don't even want to think of the money I didn't spend
(where did it go?)
 
Another thing to think about...
I remember reading that each cigarette you smoke shortens your life by about 10 minutes.
 
Let's try that in reverse.
 
I didn't smoke 284,940  cigarettes
which gave me 2,849,400 extra minutes of life...
that's 47,490 hours
or
1978.75 days
which roughly translates to another 5.42 YEARS of life!
 
Whew...overwhelming!
 
 

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

Good for you, Jan! Congratulations. My hubby quit after years of smoking. His head/neck cancer hits only 3% of cancer patients in the world and 97% of those that get that type of cancer were heavy smokers and are still smoking when they are diagnosed. I am proud of you for quitting. I know how hard that must have been at the time. xo Diana