Wednesday, December 19, 2018

I'll Buy My Own

Came across this on Facebook...



I don't know if I ever shared it or not, but I insisted my boys 
let me pretend that they weren't pretending to believe in Santa until they were...

Probably in junior high!

Seriously!

Well maybe not junior high...

But a long time!

We had a  Christmas Eve routine, Mark would read them a Christmas Story and then
as soon as I heard them all snoring, I would go back downstairs and do my 
Santa Magic.

Santa, the elves and occasionally the reindeer would get into mischief
of some kind, write a letter to the kids and drop off presents.

One year Santa snuck into the bedrooms and sprinkled sleepy dust on everyone.
Mark had a tough time forgiving me for the glitter that lingered for months!

One year the boys took so long to fall asleep that the reindeer got into a food fight on the front porch...
Yes, I threw grated carrots all over the front porch...

I still wonder what the passing car driver thought as I put on Mark's size 13 boots and made footprints in the new snow on the porch roof!

The letters were always the last thing I did (at 3AM) before heading to bed...

Just a recap of the year...a reminder to keep their rooms tidy...

Now there are grand kids.  
I can sleep on Christmas Eve,
and let my kids work Santa Magic...

I got off easy, now there is Elf on the Shelf...
I only had to do one night...

As far as believing...
Even though I know that Jesus is the reason for the season...

I'll still buy my own underwear


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back blogging. So enjoy seeing your growing family.
Merry Christmas to you and your's.
-Eileen in Florida