Thursday, January 30, 2020

Where's January?




I can't believe January is almost over...

I was just getting started!

I want to thank those who have reached out, asking if I was okay.

The truth is, 

I think so.

Changes, that's the theme around here.

Effective January 1, Mr. K (almost) retired at age 78.5,
after working more than 20 years in his current position
after more than 50 years in the water meter industry.

He did retire in stages:

When he worked full time, he worked 90 hours a week.

When his late wife got sick, he went part time,
that was 40 hours a week.
That's what he was doing when I met him.

Now he's a consultant.

To be honest, the only difference is that he gets a smaller paycheck 
and he comes out of his office at odd times for strange reasons.

He's often in the way, but occasionally I find him useful.

The other day, Teagan wanted to watch Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.
I wanted to watch Ellen.

Mr. K offered to take her into his office to watch the TV in there.

It worked out...Kinda….

Isn't it adorable?

Speaking of adorableness...

We had art day at Grandma Jan's/


Teagan made scribbles...

Locklan made lollipops!


He put him in a jar and took them home and gave him to his mom!

Oh...

Speaking of Locklan, he slipped in the tub on Tuesday and clipped his chin.

Andy called about 8:30 and asked if I could take care of Teagan while they
took Locklan for stitches.

They told them he could either get 3 stitches or they could use glue.

He got the glue.

He's my Brave Tiger!




1 comment:

CHERI said...

What cute grandchildren! And I know what you mean about January...it absolutely flew by! Can't believe it is already Feb. and a month into 2020. Whoever said time goes by faster the older you get sure knew what he/she was talking about. I've been reading blogs where everyone says they are glad Feb. is here because spring is closer, but I love winter and will be sad to see it go. I love to wear my boots, sweaters, and scarves:) Plus it gets horribly hot here in the summer and I definitely don't look forward to that! Happy February!