Monday, June 08, 2020

What Happens at Grandma's

On Thursday, Locklan came to spend the night with Grandma!

He hasn't done that since right before Christmas.

He had a long list of things we had to do, 

But first, he wanted to check my 'roof' to make sure it wasn't leaking
(he never seems to understand the difference between 
roof and ceiling
not to mention that my bedroom is above our family room).



So he drags the ladder in and sets it up...

I'm sure you'll be happy to hear my roof is fine.

We had to head down to his house because he forgot to pack his tooth brush,

When we got back, he set up the inflatable bed in the living room.  

He was up at 6AM!  I'm an early riser but I really enjoy that quiet time before Mr. K wakes up.

Locklan woke up talking!

First thing on our list was to bake cookies...



I am not a cookie maker, it takes too long.  After the first batch, I used my 1/4 cup scoop and we had huge cookies for him to take home.

Then we used the big boy paints (not washable) and painted cars for our wooden railroad.

Since we were using acrylics, he had to strip down to his undies!


The whole time we were doint things, he talked and talked and talked...

At one point he said, "All these stories are old ones 
but they are very true!"


He almost fell asleep before getting the train track set up.

He amazes me, we have so much fun, but I had to take him home because we were heading for the river in the morning!


No comments: