Sunday, November 30, 2014

I just thought of something else

Let me be honest, don't believe what blogger says as far as what time I am posting.  It is 4:32 AM and I'm awake, surfing the 'net.  Know why?  Tomorrow in a few hours my kids are coming here for a turkey dinner.  Everyone is contributing something...Ashley is bringing mashed potatoes, Catherine is making the traditional green bean casserole.  Vicky has been promoted from 'paper products' to tossed salad and Tony is now taking her place, but since we don't need paper products, he has been assigned  wine.
 
Who will be making the turkey?  That would be moi!
 
Now, the turkey is defrosted in the fridge, we know it will fit in the roasting pan which will fit in the over...but that's as far as it goes.  I have never really cooked a turkey before.
 
Well, actually, I did make one once, but that was 40+ years ago and not only did I cook it with the giblets in the bag in the turkey, but I burned the turkey.
 
So, here I am, looking for the best way to make a turkey.  There are 250,000 recipes online.  Time is running out, I must choose.
 
I'll let you know how it goes.
 
Until then, I thought of one more reason I am thankful. 
My Roomba. 
 
We have hardwood floors AND a dog.  She sheds.  The Roomba wanders from room to room, sucking up dog hair and...
 
 
Charging cables...
 
Does it work?  Yeah, but even if it didn't, it's fun to have around.  I've seen the YouTube videos of the cat riding the Roomba, but Linda won't even try it.
 
Well, Ron just announced that I need to get a few hours sleep.
 
Wish me luck?
 
Gobble gobble and God bless!
Jan
 

No comments: