Friday, November 28, 2014

More thanks?

Ever since my kids became adults and were adopted by the families of their significant others...or in plain words, ever since they had somewhere else to go on holidays, we celebrate most holidays on alternative dates.  We do Easter either the week before or the week after, we do Thanksgiving the Sunday after...the only one I claim is Christmas Eve...
 
So, on Thanksgiving this year, Ron and I were invited to eat with Noelle, Tony, Noelle's mom, Becky and her grandmother, Dolores while everyone else had dinner elsewhere.  Noelle and Tony have only been dating a short time, but Noelle fit into our family like she had been there for years.  Her mom and grandmother felt like old friends in no time!  We not only sat at the table long after we had devoured the delicious food, but we ended back at the table later for a delayed dessert.  What fun!
 
I wish I could say I took tons of photos...but this is all I have of the food...
 
Noelle and her mother, carving the turkey...
 
 
And it was as good as it looks!
 
 
Afterwards, Becky told us that it was a family tradition to give Noelle a gift on Thanksgiving...
 
 
She gave them a Gingerbread House kit!
 
 
All too soon, it was time to go.  As we were leaving, we got a text from Andy saying the roads were getting bad.  It was snowwwwwingggggggg!
 
I LOVE snow!  The ride home was uneventful and soon after we got home, Ron declared the turkey was really working...he headed to bed.  Linda and I sat up to watch Christmas movies and watch the snow.  Before bed, I looked out the living room window...
 
 
Of course, the fact that it was also garbage night detracted from the scene...
 
So I looked out the back doors...
 
 
Did I mention that I LOVE snow?
 
Did I ever tell you that I love waking in my bedroom and looking out the bedroom window.  It always makes me feel like I'm sleeping in a tree house...today was no exception.  I woke to this...
 
 
Oh goodness, isn't it beautiful?
 
Linda and I came down to make coffee...
 
 
It's like a Winter Wonder Land out there!
 
Since my family dinner is Sunday, and everyone is coming here...I may 'disappear' again, I have much to do,  but fear not, Tony has promised that he will keep me on task.  I'll be back!
 
Until then, remember that God loves you and so do I!
 
Peace and love,
Jan

No comments: