Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Wow, this is taking forever!

This story is really yesterday's news, I want to get you caught up to the present, so I'm about to venture into the Cliff's Notes version of the past year...ready?

I said YOU BET YOUR BIPPY to the question he asked (while on one knee) and he slipped this little gem on my finger...

 
 
I know!  It's a beauty, isn't it?  I liked it so much, and it sparkled so beautifully, that while I was driving, I kept staring at it with my hand on the wheel.  Trust me, diamonds are much more dangerous than texting...at least in my case!

 It was November and even though it was short notice, we began to make arrangements for late February.  We talked about clothes, food, the who-what-how stuff...It was kinda cool!

Enter those joy stealers:  Health and Kids...

We were told in October that Ron needed to have his left knee replaced.  He looked frantic and I assured him I'd help him, that he had lots of support...

The surgery date was set for December 9.  We figured that would give him time to heal before the big day.  It would also give us time to find a new place to live.  I was living in my house with Tony, he was living in an apartment 40 miles away.  We wanted to be closer....

The announcement of our engagement was not taken well by his family, from his former in laws to two of his kids.  They were real joy stealers, absolute poop heads, so what was supposed to be a joyous occasion, joining the two families, ended up being a very private (as in NO family) ceremony only a few days before the knee replacement surgery.  A honeymoon was planned for a few weeks after that.

Again, long story short, the surgeon (who was adorably cute AND younger than the socks I was wearing) told us that roughly 1% of the people who had knee replacements experienced complications.  My husband, the over achiever, had not one, not two but THREE complications!  I tell people we spent our honeymoon on the 10th floor of Allegheny General Hospital. 

After two separate hospitalizations and three surgeries, I'm thrilled to say he's fine...even better than fine. 

We  bought a huge house in a wonderful plan of homes about 2 miles from Andy and Tony (who bought the house we were living in).  Linda is here with us, Winnie, the Basset Hound, is with Tony and with sadness, I'll tell you that we lost Bill about six weeks ago from Osteosarcoma. 

My kids are happy that we are close by, we have room to have everyone get together, including room for the ping pong table in the basement.  Just last Sunday we celebrated Taco Night here with a house full of friends and family. 

Is ANY of this making sense?  Can you, as the boys say, pick up what I'm putting down?  If you are more confused than ever now, please shoot me an email ( redsockmama at g mail dot com) and tell me I'm babbling.  I want to get you caught up to today 'cause I have so much to tell you, and I can't wait!

Soooooooo, without further fuss and fidgets, I'm going to bed, to dream of all kinds of silly things (Ron says I sometimes giggle in my sleep).  I'll mention all of you in my prayers...and will see you soon.

Now, get yourself to sleep.
God bless you,
Jan

No comments: