Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Einlauf? Seriously?

On Saturday, Ron and I took another road trip (translation:  eating in a restaurant that is more than 15 miles from home).  We ate at the Allegheny Grille Restaurant, right on the Allegheny River.  We had a wonderful dinner, so wonderful that I had two thoughts...  1.That we should not eat out on Sunday, 
2. That I didn't want to cook at home.


Then I had this great idea!


I picked up my phone and called my mother.  I asked her if she was in the mood for some great German food.  Of course she said yes, so on Sunday afternoon we headed down to get mom and dashed her off to Max's Allegheny Tavern for some good old fashioned German food.


Mr. K's first question, no matter where we are, is what is the soup today?


The server told us they always have French Onion (In a German restaurant?) and Einlauf.


Okay, what's an Einlauf?


Here's what the menu said...


Einlauf Soup • Cup 2.95 - Bowl 3.95 A light, rich chicken broth, generously sprinkled with homemade Einlauf noodles and
seasoned with a delicate blend of spices. Our Einlauf noodles are made by pouring a
seasoned mixture of flour and eggs into briskly boiling chicken broth.



It was magnificent!  It was delicious.


The chicken that they used to make the broth must have been a millionaire,
it was that rich!


But still, we kept asking what an einlauf was...


No one could tell us, so I did what any adult with a smart phone would do...


I went to google image and found this...


Over and over...it was either this or maybe a soccer team?  
Hmmmmmm?




I think my cup was a little more attractive, what do you think?




1 comment:

Eileen in Fla. said...

Wish we had a German restaurant in my town! Yum.