Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Lowe Blow

Saturday night was almost date night for Mr. K and me.

We went to Lowes to look at kitchen faucets.

I have been teasing for quite some time, our sprayer was unpredictable at best.

While we were looking, sales associates kept coming up and asking if we needed help.

We made our selection...

Found the box and off we went...

Except Mr. K forgot his Lowes card (which saves you 5%).

No problem, they say.  Just go to the front of the store and they will look up your number.

What they didn't tell him was he had to go back to the back of the store to complete the transaction and schedule installation (because I can't imagine Mr. K fitting under the kitchen sink).

The guy at the back of the store kept ringing up the installation at $50 more than the sign said!

Finally!  He thought he got it but we had to go to customer service to be sure.

All was well.  

We were then sent to a register to pay.

The man in front of us in line completed his transaction but the cashier said the computer froze and she sent us to yet another register...

Finally, we walked out the door with our faucet and the promise that the installer would contact us within 48 hours.

Time elapsed:  90 minutes.



To my delight, the installer called on Monday and asked if he could come that afternoon.

I had to take my mom (along with the kids) to the oncologist, but I was soooo excited.

I couldn't wait to go home to see my new faucet.

I called Mr. K from the road.

Apparently, the faucet was missing parts.  We had to take it back to Lowes.

I got home to find my sink with holes where my new faucet should have been.

Back to Lowes last night, while Mr. K returned the old, I ran limped to the back of the store, grabbed the replacement and met him at the front.

All we had to do was check out!

No live cashiers.  We were sent to self check out where we could not use the temporary credit card...

We finally found a cashier who couldn't figure out why our sales tax did not show up.

We explained that a permanent installation was not taxable.

Then she could not get the computer to deduct the tax she had added.

total time in store:  50 minutes.

Within minutes, Mr. K had rescheduled the installation for 9AM today.

The cleaning crew are due at 10.

Hope we have kitchen water by then.

Tune in!


No comments: