Tuesday, March 24, 2020

This is the Best!

Our ice maker broke!

I thought of buying a counter top ice maker.

Mr. K said why not buy a whole new fridge!

I didn't let that thought leave his head...

As soon as we knew Ashley was okay, we headed to Lowes.

I know, we never learn.

Bob, the salesman was so helpful!

I guess we weren't thinking when he asked what width fridge we needed, but we were thankful that he asked.  We went home to measure the opening.

It was 33" and the fridge we liked was 36.

Back to the drawing board!

The next day, we went back to Lowes where a very nice sales person named Jenny 
spent more than an hour on the computer looking for a fridge that filled every requirement:

Four Door
Through the door ice and water
Fingerprint resistant stainless Steel
33 Inches wide.

She found it!

She checked and even went to the stock room to be sure.
They had three in stock!

Bingo!

As she wrote up the sale, she explained that if we wanted the old one removed, it would be $30 but if we wanted it moved to the garage or basement, there would be no charge.

She also told us that the delivery guys would call at least 2 hours before they came...
and that if we wanted, they would put the old fridge in the garage.

We were excited and set up delivery for Tuesday
Because I never learn.

In my defense, Tuesday is my only free day...
I have Locklan and Teagan Monday, Wednesday and Friday
and other regularly scheduled appointments on Thursday.

Tuesday morning, I was sitting in my pajamas, drinking coffee when I mentioned to Mr. K
that I thought they would be here by then.

Ding dong...it's the fridge guys who insisted that they talked to one of us that morning.
We checked both phones and even though there was no record of a call from them, they insisted.

As I scurried to empty the fridge, they asked if they were taking the old one.

We told them no, that it was going to the garage, I was giving it to my nephew.

They told me that they didn't do that.

We stood our ground and then they agreed to take the old one to the garage.

They brought the new one in and told us to turn off the water.

Ten minutes later, the cleaning crew came and of course
WE HAD NO WATER!!!

They did what they could, dusting and sweeping and they left.



45 minutes later, the installers called Mr. K into the kitchen...
Jenny, had ordered the wrong fridge, she ordered the  36 inch model!

It did not fit in the hole!

I had a wonderful, new fridge in the middle of the kitchen.




They shrugged.  They had done
 their job, delivering and installing.  

They said to call the store.

Oh, and then they charged us $30 for moving the old one.

But Wait!

Mr. K went to the store and found that a comparable fridge in 33 inches was $800 more...
but it's only money, right?

But wait!

The new one wont be here until April!

So once again, I'll share cuteness...














No comments: