Saturday, April 11, 2020

Here's What Was Next...

Aha!  You probably thought I was practicing blogging distancing...

I just got sidetracked every time I thought about blogging.

Mr.K went from a working man to a pretty retired man to a retired man who can't leave the house!

He's just there... we're adjusting and refining... we'll get it right.

I've had two crappy days,  the first one was the Tuesday after they told me the newest fridge wouldn't fit through the kitchen door.

I just got in my car and drove into town, beeped at a friend and came home.

By time  I got home, Andy had come and put my old-new fridge in it's place...


He seriously had to dismantle my kitchen, 
I had to sacrifice the above-the-fridge cabinet
(that I seriously had forgotten what was in it) and we'll have to patch, paint and primp, but at least I have through the door ice!
Bad day turned good!

My next bad day was Wednesday when the enormity of Holy Week was weighing down on me.

Not virus related, it happens every year.  By Good Friday I'm usually a sobbing mess, but you should see me on Easter! 
 Oh yeah!

I ended up driving to town and spotted Mindy and Henry on their front porch.  From actoss the side street, we visited.  

I waved to my friend, Deb, and then headed for the car wash.  That was my outing!

Seriously, we're fine.

We have tons of food, we're healthy, have money in the bank.  We are able to keep in touch with family and friends and even face time them.

Tony, Mindy and Henry face time me daily.  I even got to watch him (Henry) take a bath the other day.

Andy, Ashley and kids are always calling or sending photos or face timing, Ashley will drive up and park in the drive so we can talk (I stay on the porch). 

I don't have to wear a bra.

I talk to my mom every day, sometimes for an hour!

I have lots to do, quilt, sew, knit and read.

Ron has his TV shows and we subscribed to BritBox so we have been watching those old Brit-coms.

But to be honest, I miss those grands...their hugs and kisses.

I miss Aimee, who should have been cutting my hair last week.

Oh dear, I miss Kimmy who worls her magic on my nails (incidentally, I am down to three acrylic nails).

I miss wearing contacts and shoes...

But we are staying home to protect you and me.

Just think, when we finally can go out, how sweet it will be!

Stay home, stay healthy.  Be safe!









1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

LOL-I so get you on the nails and isolation from friends and family. My 'treat'to myself is my nails...and right now they look like crap. lol Oh well- this, too, will pass, I suppose.

I hope you have a blessed Easter--stay safe- xo Diana