Saturday, December 26, 2020

Not Sure What to Call This...


As usual, Christmas at Redsock Mama's house was unpredictable to say the least.
Michael and Catherine came first, bearing gifts.

Henry got a drum!
That wasn't bad, it had a pleasant sound but since my tree was on the clapper...
Yes, it was off and on all evening!


Teagan and Henry, who are best friends, shared!


It was a musical evening...
The little kids got slide whistles...



Locklan got a harmonica...
He loved it!



Then he became a one man band!


He also got a watch and announced the time every two minutes!

I got Teagan a 'dancing dress' and ballet shoes...


Every time someone asked her to twirl she did...
complete with a 2.5 year old's version of an arabesque.

But the best part was Grandma Jan's special gift...
I decorated 5 gallon buckets...


I made one for Henry and one for Locklan and Teagan...


And put 50 indoor snowballs in each...


How long do you think those snowballs stayed in the bucket?

It wasn't the kids, it was the adults!


I didn't get many pictures because once those snowballs started flying,
I was laughing too hard!

Seriously, I was not looking forward to Christmas for the first time in my life...

But I prayed that I would be okay,
and I was...

Everyone was out of here by 8, they predicted freezing rain and snow,
and we got it.

On Friday, Ashley sent this text:

In case anyone is wondering, we still have ballet shoes on
and we are still using the harmonica and 
announcing the time every minute!

Mr. K and I planned to sleep in and stay home on Christmas...

I didn't sleep in but we did stay home.

But it's all good.  Back to reality soon.














 

No comments: